For Anyone Who Ventures Beyond Mobile Network Coverage.
The Iridium® based ZOLEO Global Satellite Communicator offers everything you need to stay connected and secure when venturing beyond mobile coverage. With ZOLEO, you’ll enjoy seamless global messaging that follows you in/out of mobile network coverage, and a personal safety system you can count on world-wide. Simply connect the lightweight, durable ZOLEO device with the free app on your phone or tablet to enjoy: Two-way global messaging and SOS alerting, check-in, Dark Sky™ weather forecasts, the ability to share your GPS location, and more.
What can ZOLEO do for you?
- Message anywhere over satellite, mobile network and Wi-Fi
- SOS emergency alerting with 24/7 monitoring and progress reports
Check-in to let others know you’re OK
Check-in Messages are now included free with all subscription packages
- Share your GPS location
- Medical assist - communicate with a medical professional in a non emergency situation
An active ZOLEO subscription plan is required (for more info on plans, visit ZOLEO Plans)
What makes ZOLEO a better global messaging solution, is that it seamlessly transmits messages via the Iridium satellite network when you travel beyond mobile coverage, and via mobile network or Wi-Fi® when it is available. With ZOLEO you’ll never miss an important message again!
The lightweight ZOLEO device features a long-lasting battery and durable, dust- and water-resistant design. Safety features like built-in SOS alerting and check-in buttons can be used standalone from the device, or via the free ZOLEO App. Together with the free app ZOLEO offers a familiar texting experience from your phone or tablet and great value for your dollar. Compatible accessories allow it to be secured on a backpack, belt, or in a vehicle, vessel, or cabin, so you can rely on it wherever you go.
ZOLEO is a perfect connectivity solution for anyone that lives, works or plays on the fringe of mobile coverage – use it to enjoy coverage everywhere, lowest-cost message routing and a familiar ‘text’ messaging experience from your phone or tablet
Accessories available for your Zoleo Device:
Cradle Kit - More info here
Universal Mount Kit - More info here
Please call - 01669 621044 - and speak with one of our friendly GPS experts.
----- ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR GPS FROM GPS TRAINING -----
PLUS - We don't just sell you a box with a GPS unit in. In with the price we teach you how to use it via our online training course (online resource) and we are only ever an email or telephone call away if you ever need any help.
PLUS - All GPS units are kept in stock and are sent out Royal Mail Special Delivery, so it will be with you the next working day.
Buy and Learn from the experts - GPS Training.
With this GPS purchase, you get our 'Silver' support package for 1 year at no extra cost (see below) - worth £125.00.
- Iridium Connected™ for messaging coverage everywhere on Earth
- Dedicated SMS number and email address (sharable, recognizable)
- SOS alerting button with 24/7 monitoring and dispatch included*
- Check-in button to let others know you’re OK*
- Free app for phones/tablets supports: Two-way messaging, Two-way SOS alerting, check in, weather forecasts, location sharing and more (the app also transmits via mobile network and Wi-Fi when available)
- 200 hours of battery life, checking messages every 12 min.
- Shock-resistant, dust- and water-resistant (IP68, MIL-STD 810G)
- Subscription required (sold separately, visit ZOLEO Plans)
- 2-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
*Requires an active ZOLEO service plan to transmit messages or SOS alerts.
- Transmits via the Iridium satellite network (and via mobile network and Wi-Fi when available)
- Weight: 150g (5.3 oz)
- Size (L x W x D): 9.1 x 6.6 x 2.7 cm (3.58 x 2.6 x 1.06 in)
- Operating temperature: -20°C to 55°C (-4°F to 131°F)
- Charging temperature: 0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)
- Internal rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Battery life: 200+hours checking messages every 12 minutes
- Battery charging time: 2 hours using 1.5 A charge
- IP68: dust-and water-resistant (to 1.5 m (4.9 ft) for 30 min.)
- MIL-STD 810G: shock-resistant
- Built-in check-in button*
- Built-in SOS alerting button (covered to prevent false alarms, also cancellable)*
- Power connector: Micro-USB Type B
- Audible alerts for messages
- LEDs for: messages, SOS, check-in, and power
- Connects via Bluetooth LE 4.1 (one connection at a time; range of up to 50 m (164 ft))
- Location aware, GPS accuracy: 2.5 m (8.2 ft) under ideal conditions
- Requires a monthly airtime plan (sold separately, get ZOLEO Plan details)
- App to App messages - 900 Characters
*Note: SOS and check-in buttons work standalone or via the ZOLEO app.
In the box
In the Box
- ZOLEO satellite communicator device
- USB cable, 50 cm (20 in)
- Quick Start Guide
- 2-year warranty
Only from GPS Training you also get in the box:
- Information on how to access our Online Training Resource with Videos on How to Activate your Zoleo ZL1000 and using it - free access for 1 year
- Our 'Silver' support package at no extra cost for 1 year - worth £125.00
1. When would I use ZOLEO?
ZOLEO is designed to work with your phone or tablet, extending your messaging coverage to everywhere on Earth by transmitting messages over the Iridium satellite network when you’re beyond mobile coverage zones, and via cellular or Wi-Fi when available. It is perfect for messaging connectivity in the backcountry, on remote roads, on the oceans, in the Polar Regions, or anywhere in the world where cellular coverage is unavailable or unreliable.
2. How do I activate my Zoleo Device?
The simple 3 x step process to activate your device is covered via this link -https://www.zoleo.com/en-gb/how-to-activate
3. Where do I use ZOLEO?
The ZOLEO device is a satellite-based communicator that is designed to be used outside, where the device has a clear line of sight to the satellites in the sky. ZOLEO can also be placed in the windshield of a vehicle, vessel or aircraft where it has an unobstructed view of the sky.
4. How does ZOLEO send messages when my device is off?
When your ZOLEO device is turned off and another ZOLEO App user sends you a message, the message will still be delivered via the ZOLEO App on your phone or tablet. This is a bit unique. Other satellite communicators only deliver messages when the device is on and connected to the satellite network.
5. Do I have to use ZOLEO with a smartphone or tablet?
When the device is used standalone, without the app, ZOLEO supports check-in and SOS alerting via the built-in buttons. ZOLEO needs to be Bluetooth connected with the ZOLEO App on your phone or tablet for two-way messaging, two-way SOS, to receive DarkSky weather forecasts or to share your GPS location in any message.
6. Why does ZOLEO need an active service plan?
Just like your mobile phone, ZOLEO needs an active service plan in order to transmit messages via the Iridium satellite network. Unlike mobile network providers, with ZOLEO you have the option to suspend your plan when it’s not in use, and you can also change or cancel plans online when needed.
(for more info on plans, visit ZOLEO Plans)
We also have a video below that runs through the Service Plan Options:
7. Do check-in messages come of your message allowance ?
Check-in messages are now included for free with any of the monthly subscription packages
8. Can I change my service plan throughout the year?
Yes, you can change your plan any time using your online account. You can also suspend or cancel plans any time after the initial minimum term of 3months.
9. What networks does ZOLEO work on?
The ZOLEO device transmits messages via the Iridium satellite network. It is the only network in the world that spans every inch of the Earth to offer coverage over all landmasses, waterways and in the skies. The ZOLEO App also transmits messages via cellular and Wi-Fi when available, ensuring least cost routing for your messages.
10. Can ZOLEO be used indoors?
The ZOLEO device isn’t intended for use indoors. It is an Iridium-based satellite communicator and therefore needs a clear line of sight with the satellites in the sky in order to transmit messages. The ZOLEO App for smartphones and tablets can be used indoors or outdoors.
11. Does ZOLEO support voice calls?
ZOLEO does not support voice calling. It is a two-way satellite messaging device. You can use it to exchange messages with any cell/SMS number, email address or another ZOLEO App user.
12. Can I lend my ZOLEO device to someone else?
Yes, it is easy to lend ZOLEO to a friend or colleague. When you do, your dedicated ZOLEO SMS number and email are associated with the device, and whomever is connected to it at the time. Any usage will be associated with your ZOLEO monthly plan and decremented or charged accordingly.
13. Who can I communicate with using ZOLEO?
You can communicate with any cell phone number, email address or ZOLEO App user.
14. Can others message me when I am using ZOLEO outside of mobile coverage?
Yes, if you have shared your dedicated ZOLEO SMS number or email address with them, then your contact can initiate a message directly with you and you’ll receive it even when you’re traveling beyond mobile coverage zones.
15. Does the Zoleo work in every country?
Zoleo devices operate on the Iridium satellite network, which provides 100% global coverage. However, some countries require prior permission for the authorized use of a satellite communication device and some countries have banned the use of satellite communications devices. In addition, United States embargoes prohibit providing satellite communications products and services in some countries.
The list below provides our best understanding of countries that may regulate or prohibit the use of a satellite communicator or are on a list of U.S. embargoed countries:
- Taliban controlled Afghanistan
- Crimea region of the Ukraine
- Georgia (SMS)
- North Korea
Regulations and the list above may change without notice.
The ZOLEO service has the ability to send SMS messages to mobile recipients across the globe. There are some countries where delivery of SMS may be unreliable due national SPAM filtering outside of ZOLEO’s control. It is possible that SMS messages could be blocked dependent on their content and country of destination. Blocking is most likely to occur when URLs and/or phone numbers are included in the message text.
The following countries are known to cause delivery problems due to SMS spam filters:
- New Zealand
ZOLEO Inc. is working with telecommunication operators around the globe to ensure ZOLEO SMS messages are delivered reliably. Please contact ZOLEO support if you suspect your messages are blocked.
15. What is medical assist on a Zoleo?
ZOLEO Medical Assist is a cutting-edge, 24/7 service dedicated to providing non-emergency medical assistance to ZOLEO subscribers. It provides direct access to highly trained medical professionals whenever in need using the ZOLEO app. Use ZOLEO Medical Assist to obtain:
- Medical advice from highly trained experts, based on your situation.
- Assistance in locating a local clinic, hospital, dentist or pharmacy.
- Help to replace prescription glasses or medications while travelling.
Medical Assist inquiries are sent directly to Global Rescue®, the emergency response coordination partner for ZOLEO.