Size comparison Garmin GPSMAP66s v Garmin GPSMAP86s
Garmin have just launched the all new Garmin GPSMAP86s, how does this differ to the existing Garmin GPSMAP66s?
The Garmin GPSMAP86s is very similar to the GPSMAP66s except for three things –
The GPSMAP86s –
1. Has a built-in battery, the GPSMAP66s runs on AA batteries.
2. Is buoyant, hence the slightly larger size.
3. Because of the built-in battery the map card slot is now on the side.
Other than this, the GPS units are the same.
We have put Ordnance Survey map card in the GPSMAP86s and it works fine, as we would have expected it to.
- Garmin GPSMAP 66s - more here
- Garmin GPSMAP 86s - more here