The Active 20 uses microSD cards, and since Oct 2015 Satmap has sold MapCards in this format (in SD Card adaptors).
The Active 20 device is also pre-loaded with the following mapping:
GB 1:250,000 & 1:1 million OS road mapping
World Base Mapping 1:5 million & 1:200 million
The Active 20 follows on from the award winning Active 12 range, but includes a range of exciting features:
NEW: Dual Touchscreen/Button operation
NEW: Large, bright 3.5" Hi-Res Touchscreen
NEW: Wireless connectivity through both WI-Fi and Bluetooth Smart
NEW: Super rugged - the Active 20 has an IP68 waterproof and IK7 impact rating as well as Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
NEW: Higher capacity 5000 mAh lipol battery
NEW: Faster 1Ghz processor
NEW: Antenna that connects to GPS, Galileo and Glonass
NEW: 3 Axis Electronic Compass
You can transfer GPX files directly to the internal storage of the Active 20 unit without the need to use SatSync Software hence this unit can be used with a Mac computer.
Please call - 01669 621044 - and speak with one of our friendly GPS experts.
----- ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR GPS FROM GPS TRAINING -----
PLUS - We don't just sell you a box with a GPS unit in. In with the price we teach you how to use it via our online training course (online resource), give you free factsheets and training manuals (in with your unit) and are only ever an email or telephone call away if you ever need any help.
PLUS - All GPS units are kept in stock and is sent out Royal Mail Special Delivery, so it will be with you the next working day.
PLUS - We also will take your old GPS as a trade-in, to get a value for your GPS unit please click here.
Buy and Learn from the experts - GPS Training.
With this GPS purchase, you get our 'gold' support package for 1 year at no extra cost (see below) - worth £145.00
- Dual Touchscreen/Button operation
- Large, bright 3.5" Hi-Res Touchscreen
- Wireless connectivity through both WI-Fi and Bluetooth Smart
- Super rugged - the Active 20 has an IP68 waterproof and IK7 impact rating as well as Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Higher capacity 5000 mAh lipol battery
- Fast 1Ghz processor
- Antenna that connects to GPS,Galileo and Glonass
- 3 Axis Electronic Compass
- Full spectrum GNSS enabled (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, SBAS etc.)
- High sensitivity uBlox MAX M8 GPS module & 25mm ceramic patch antenna
- Fast iMX6 Cortex A9 1GHz processor for smooth operation
- Unique dual control touchscreen & button operation
- Bright, high resolution 3.5" HVGA screen with Gorilla Glass
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Smart connectivity for route sharing (between Active 12s & 20s) & software updates
- Integrated barometric altimeter
- Support for GPX files, POI & area data
- 3 axis electronic compass & accelerometer
- Support for 32GB microSD MapCards (MapCards not included); save route data to internal or SD card memory
- Compatible with Hi-Res (600dpi) Ordnance Survey mapping for the UK
- Effortlessly switch between mapping scales at the click of a button
- Custom mapping options available from Satmap
- Combine two or more maps (or map scales) on one SD card
- Compatible with Quad Lock bike & vehicle mounting systems
- Battery: rechargeable 5000mAh LiPol (optional AA battery pack sold separately)
- Dimensions: 147 x 71 x 35mm
With LiPol battery: 310g
Without LiPol battery: 192g
In the box
In the Box
- Satmap Active 20 GPS unit
- Rechargeable 5000mAh LiPol battery
- 10% off map voucher (terms apply)
- 3 months free access to Satmap Xpedition2 Premium (online mapping and planning tool).
- 1m micro USB for charging & data transfer
- 1 x Hex key (for backplate)
- UK 1A wall & car charger
- SatMap Quick Start User Guide
Only from GPS Training you also get in the box:
- GPS Training getting started guide
- Getting started with Satmap SatSYNC Software & Xpedition 2 Access factsheet
- Our 'gold' support package at no extra cost for 1 year - worth £145.00
1. Will my Active 10 / 12 maps work with the Active 20?
The Active 20 uses microSD cards, and since Oct 2015 Satmap has sold MapCards in this format (in SD Card adaptors).Any existing users with old style SD MapCards who wish to upgrade to an Active 20 can use the Standard SD MapCard Consolidation Service for a small admin fee to consolidate and switch their MapCard collection to the newer microSD format. Please click here to see full details.
2. What is SatSYNC?
SatSYNC is a free piece of software that allows you to connect your Satmap GPS to your PC or MAC. With this software you can upload and download Routes, Trails and Points Of Interest. These files can be viewed, formatted and shared on Satmap Xpedition. You can view your trail on detailed topographical mapping, aerial or street maps with Satmap Xpedition. 3. What battery life can I expect from the different type of batteries?
The Active 20 has a unique dual-battery system that includes a long-life 5,100mAh rechargeable LiPol battery pack, and optionally, a AA Battery Pack which supports AA Lithium, NiMH, and Alkaline primary cells, giving uses a complete range of power sources. Using various power-saving options (including a flexible backlight timer and reduced frequency updates) battery duration of up to 16 hours can be achieved. Full-gas (100% backlight, no power saving and constant movement) battery life is 11 hours.
Battery life on any electronic item is always determined by how much you use it and the settings that are utilised. We always advise people to be sensible and use the various power saving options in Settings, such as Advanced Power Mode and the Automatic Screen turn off to extend battery life. National Parks, this means you can select a location many miles ahead and the GPS will route you via the footpaths to get to that location (like a car sat nav does).
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device